top of page


Peter Grant, MP for Glenrothes and Central Fife visited the Methil Community Garden – run by CLEAR (Community Led Environmental Action for Regeneration) – and has commended them for the impressive work that has been done on the garden, mainly by their volunteers. 

Mr Grant visited the facility on Thursday 7th March and says that the work that the group were doing for the local community was evident. 

However, concerns were raised when it emerged that 60% of the funding for this project was from the European Union, the other 40% came from the Scottish Government.

Commenting, Peter Grant MP said:

“This is an excellent facility and something that the community should be proud of. It’s great to see people take collective ownership of their communities and create something for everyone to use.  

“However, I am concerned by the fact that this group have relied heavily on funding from the EU to make this happen. With Brexit now just around the corner, the reality is starting to hit our communities that these once accessible funds will no longer be open to them. 

“This is just another example of how Brexit is going to seriously hurt our communities, communities that did not vote for this.”

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

My last week as your MP

I announced last year that I would not be seeking re-election and the Prime Minister’s sudden decision to dissolve Parliament means the time has now come. I will cease to be an MP when Parliament is d


bottom of page